Join a welcoming team of professionals with a diverse range of projects on the go. Full-time, flexible hours, working from our Hawkes Bay Studio.
DCA Architects of Transformation is an established, award-winning NZIA practice with a growing team of 22 in our two offices.
Our ongoing growth across commercial, civic, education and social housing & health sectors means there is an opportunity for talented professionals to join our team.
The position for an Intermediate Technician / Architectural Graduate includes working on some of the most transformative projects in NZ across all project stages in various sectors.
There is scope to take ownership of significant and complex projects from start to finish in a supportive, collaborative studio environment. You will liaise directly with clients and the DCA team, including directors and partners.
You need to have:
A relevant architectural qualification (technician or architecture), preferably with ArchiCAD proficiency.
Excellent time management skills and strong communication ability.
Proficiency with the NZBC and NZS3604.
3-5 years’ New Zealand industry experience.
Knowledge of te reo Māori and tikanga Māori would be an advantage in this role but not necessary.
The competitive remuneration structure includes:
- A competitive remuneration structure that includes flexible work hours.
- Paid overtime. We value our team’s time and offer a balanced lifestyle – if additional hours may be required to get a project over the line, we pay overtime for those hours worked.
- Ongoing professional development including industry association memberships and NZRAB and LBP fees.
- Being part of a progressive award-winning practice.
- Opportunity – if you are driven and looking to grow, we are the studio for you.
- Regular team social events and a friendly, welcoming studio culture.
Contribution towards relocation costs, if applicable.
We care about our team and we have a great workplace culture following DCA values.
Fun studio with an emphasis on being ‘real’. We chat, we laugh, we support each other, dress for the occasion – we are more T-Shirts, jeans and sneakers than suits and ties, however we have been known to scrub up for special occasions. Of course, all this fun is balanced with getting the job done to a high standard.
Flexible work hours. We are a modern studio, so if you need to knock off early to coach your kid’s sports team, need a late start to get your hair done, you can fit your life around work commitments.
Well-being: We offer well-being benefits annually to every team member to participate in a sporting event of physical nature, like walking, running, biking, swimming etc. We are also sponsors of local events and complimentary entries are distributed outside of the annual allocation.
Annual team T-Shirt. Every year we commission a local designer to create a new T-Shirt design and every team member gets one.
If you are passionate about an organisation, lets discuss how we might be able to contribute.
KiwiSaver employer contribution of 3% on top of your salary.
Outstanding iconic architecture surrounded by magnificent landscapes along with award-winning wineries, cuisine and sunny climate all combine to give Hawke’s Bay an attractive, almost Mediterranean lifestyle.
Scenic attractions include the world’s largest onshore gannet colony (Cape Kidnappers), there are many excellent golf courses and the region hosts several classic road cycle races. Walk up to Te Mata Peak, an adrenaline-filled rafting trip down the Mohaka River, cycling some of the 200km of cycling trails you won’t run out of things to do in this beautiful well known Art Deco destination.
Get your work/life balance sorted – Apply now!
- Applicants must have a valid NZ residency or current work permit.
- If short-listed, applicants must be available for interview within two weeks.
- Email a cover letter along with your CV and portfolio to email@example.com
- All applications treated in confidence.